Last night was the first night on the new bed. It took a little while to get to sleep; I kept thinking I was in a hotel on the road somewhere. Eventually I drifted off and had a great night's sleep. Man, I can't believe I have lived this long sleeping on an old lumpy futon. The cats love it too.
In other, completely unrelated, news--
I got this rather funny note from the dog:
Instructions on how to clean your toilet
- Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.
- Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
- In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid.
- The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.
- Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash" and "rinse".
- Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.
- Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.
- The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.
- Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.
Thanks for Julie for the funny forward...